Warning, you are going to be addicted soon!
STEP 1: Un-pack your amazing NEVA, and be ready
To do so, you need to:
- Open the package (yes, we are working on that, right now it's basic package - your NEVA has been packed with love in Santa Barbara)
- Remove the 3 plastics part (no worries if they are broken - it's on purpose)
- Remove the ''REMOVE ME'' locker as well
- Place the NEVA on a table, make sure that nothing is touching it (besides the table of course...)
- Place the 6 arms carefully as seen below
- Let's launch the first calibration together:
Your NEVA (& you) are ready to 3D print! Let's go further!
STEP 2: Download your 1st file, and prepare a print
There are a lot of free 3D files on the internet for pretty much anything you can imagine
You can start with an easy one like our keychain or this laptop holder
You need to download the STL file (don't worry, it is easier than it sounds like)
Did you do it? Great let's go on then!
STEP 3: Let's use CURA by DAGOMA and hone our skills
First you want to download ''Cura by DAGOMA''
: (here is the master link)
You can un-zip it, install -> next > next > next > ready to go!
Open it: this is the icon you see:
Now, you just need to drag & drop your STL file onto the NEVA platform.
When the file is orange, it means that CURA by DAGOMA can print it. If it's grey you need to adjust some settings (we will learn that later).
There are 2 steps to prepare your print:
- Put the SD card into your computer
- Click ''Prepare the Print'' on the right side of the CURA screen
STEP 4: Launch your first print, and be ready to be amazed
Here is the most important part. Please stay focused ;-)
- Make sure the NEVA is plugged in
- Put the SD card into your NEVA
- Click on the button
STEP 5: What's next? Your life in 3D!
You can find tons of free designs on 3D design online. Most of them are free. Here are our favorites websites: